Ilkley U-13s 8 Horsforth St Margaret's 1

Ilkley U-13s brushed aside Horsforth on Sunday in an emphatic performance, as their season continues to gather momentum.

In defence the team kept a good shape and composure, while all over the field their passing was crisp and creative. Throughout the team there was a hunger for goals, and each of Ilkley's many corners caused panic in the visitors defence.

Having already come close on several occasions it was Oliver Moulton who broke the deadlock, firing home from inside the box. Before long it was 2-0 to Ilkley. Tom Pickersgill, with one of many accurate passes found Fred Atkinson, who sped down the wing and crossed for Kieran Mitchell to bundle the ball home.

Horsforth reminded Ilkley that they could take nothing for granted when a quick break and shot reduced the deficit.

This only spurred Ilkley on to score twice more before the break. Firstly Kieran smashed the ball home from the edge of the box then Matthew Webb's crunching tackle fed the ball to William Driver. He passed the ball through for Sam Morgan, who flicked it on delightfully to Fred who beat his man and crossed for Kieran to volley home for his hat-trick.

Horsforth tried hard to get back into the match. On several occasion Ilkley were grateful for the commanding presence and safe hands of Edward Bullock in goal. Sam Walker too, in the heart of defence gave a dominant performance, while Roam Hamilton was both tenacious and composed.

Ilkley made it 5-1 following another corner. The tireless George Gamble put a defender under so much pressure he could only deflect the ball into his own net.

Oliver Moulton made it 6-1 and then the game was wrapped up by Nick Jenkinson. Having narrowly failed to score from the half way line, two efforts from just outside the box made the final score 8-1 to Ilkley.

Harrogate Town 7 Ilkley U-12 Girls 2

Ilkley U-12 girls travelled to Harrogate Town on Saturday for their third match of the season. The girls gave a very good account of themselves and can certainly feel that the final score was not a true reflection of a close match.

In the first-half in particular Ilkley matched Harrogate every inch of the way. A quick throw in by Alice Bullock gave an opportunity to Lucy Jenkinson, and from the sharpest of angles Lucy fired Ilkley into the lead.

Play continued to switch from end to end as both sides crafted scoring opportunities. Mid-way through the half Harrogate equalised but Ilkley were soon in the lead once more. Lucy Hughes, who went close to scoring on numerous occasions, was the fastest to react to a poor goal clearance, to shoot home from outside the penalty box. Just before the break a Harrogate cross was forced home for an interval score of 2-2.

Harrogate took the lead early in the second-half and play continued to switch back and forth. Drew Hanson time and again made telling interceptions before setting up counter attacks.

Lauren Oxtoby, found time off from defensive duties to make several surging runs down the wing, and Freya Wood, showed composure and awareness to help hold this lively Harrogate team in check. In goal, Lauren Barnes, had another busy match, showing bravery and making some exceptional saves.

With the girls tiring, and no substitutes available, a late flurry of Harrogate goals left the final scoreline very harsh on Ilkley. The team though should not be downhearted as already they are showing great potential.

Ilkley U-9s B 4 Collingham U-9s B 2

Ilkley B stormed to a magnificent 4-2 victory against the league leaders and last season's champions after a shaky start.

In the first minute Collingham scored with a header from a well- taken corner. The goal gave Ilkley a wake up call and they battled back and started to compete well with their strong opponents.

James Newsome led by example with some aggressive tackling which stirred his teammates into action. With the game flowing from end to end William Buckley made a number of long clearances turning defence into attack for Ilkley.

The determination shown by Ilkley paid off. Harrison Quaife had his shooting boots on and was on hand to score Ilkley's equaliser. The game was then locked at 1-1 and a real battle for supremacy took place.

The turning point came on the stroke of half-time when William Giles pounced on the ball on the edge of the area and shot into the roof of the net.

Ilkely took command and keeper Alex MacPherson looks increasingly assured and his long kicks were finding Harrison Quaife and then Luke Thompson. Benji Claydon and Laurence Dunne took charge in midfield. Laurence's passing and crossing was allowing Ilkley to move the ball up the field at pace.

An injury to William Buckley meant a re-shuffle. William Giles, now playing in defence, took the ball on a long run and fired in. Benji Claydon followed with a mazy dribble and a good finish giving Ilkley a three goal cushion.

Late in the the Ilkely defence went missing and Collingham managed to score a late consolation. A superb performance and with Ilkley A also winning, Ilkley leapfrogged Collingham to take one of the top spots in the league table.

Myrtle Park 1 Menston Hotshots U-7s 1

On a soggy, grey Sunday morning Hotshots travelled to Bingley to face Myrtle Park hoping to overturn two previous defeats in pre-season friendlies.

Myrtle Park started strongly and blazed a couple of efforts wide. Only great defending from George, Jake, Luke and Joe ensured that the first 15 minutes were goalless.

With five minutes to go to half-time Myrtle's playmaker scored from close range for a deserved lead at half-time.

The second-half saw Menston jump quickly out of the blocks and pepper the Myrtle goal and new signings from Florida, Jacob and Anthony, ran their hearts out in midfield and brothers Sam and Matthew caused no end of problems for Myrtle's defence.

Menston's equaliser soon followed when Sam shot from an acute angle to give the keeper no chance. Further chances went begging but all players were applauded for their sportsmanship and effort on a wet morning. Matthew was Man-of-the-Match.

On Sunday Hotshots welcome Nab Wood.

Weston Lane U-9s 2 Burley 0

Another close and exciting game saw Weston Lane defence hold firm allowing James Cape the scope to score another two goals and gain maximum starting points for his team.

The team played good football and showed plenty of grit especially in defence where Scott Leonard was alsoin outstanding form.

Weston Lane U-8s 2 Guiseley U-8s 1

This was a excellent game and very closely fought. The game was settled by two goals from leading marksman Chris Ginty and was a credit to the Weston Lane team that is mostly made up of six year-olds.

Weston Lane U-10s 2 Bingley 4

Bingley went into a two goal lead but Weston Lane, spurred on by Adam Magarry, fought back to level with goals from Adam Magarry and Alex Williams.

Adam Magarry left the field and that was the signal for Bingley to take control and they went on to score two further goals.

Weston Lane U-11s 0 Gomersal 3

The performance by this team was lethargic and very disappointing. They never looked remotely like scoring and eventually the visitors forced the pace and goals were inevitable.