Thackley Thunder, with 16 wins out of 16 in Under-11 Division C, may be over the hills and far away but Bradford Park Avenue Raptors maintained their pursuit of second place in the Craven, Aire & Wharfe Junior League with two victories on the same day over Horsforth Chargers at Wellington School.

There was little to choose between the sides in the first match until Louis Price put the Raptors into the lead with a shot from just inside the box.

Pressure mounted on the BPA goal in the second half but Joseph Clancy, Rhys Sanasy and Haris Cradock provided a solid defence as they held out for a 1-0 win.

Horsforth did score in the return match, equalising just before half-time after Raptors had taken an early through Billy-Lee Firth’s free-kick but BPA couldn’t convert a number of other chances.

The Chargers piled on the pressure in the second half, forcing several good saves from Spencer Mitchell, but it was a different story once Vincent Henderson had broken away and set up James Hebb for a 2-1 lead.

A break on the right led to a powerful Firth shot beating the Horsforth keeper, and then Tyler Brown capped a good performance with a jinking run through the defence before calmly slotting the ball home to make it 4-1.

Thackley Dragons went goal crazy last weekend as they pursued the Harrogate & District Junior League Under-15 Division C title.

The third-placed club defeated Beckwithshaw Saints Jets 9-1 on Saturday and Beckwithshaw Saints Braves 20-3 on Sunday, both at Immanuel College, as they put pressure on leaders Knaresborough Celtic Hoops.

Scorers against the Jets were Danny Isaacs (2), Jamie Denning (2), Nathan Henderson-Hall, Jack I’Anson, Ryan Carre, Emmanuel Asseude and man of the match Jack Mongan.

On target in the romp against the Braves were skipper and man of the match I’Anson (5), Carre (4), Connor Raistrick (3), Henderson-Hall (3), Isaacs (2), Mongan (2) and Danny Grimshaw.

The wins will give the Dragons confidence before they face Fairbank on Sunday in a semi-final of the Bradford & District FA Junior Cup at Immanuel College (1.45), stablemates Thackley Warriors facing Park Avenue at the same time in the other tie on an adjacent pitch.

Dudley Hill Rangers under-tens experimented with the nine-a-side format against visitors Burley Trojans in the Keybury Alarms Youth League and cancelled each other out in a goalless first half.

Space was still tight in the second half with the extra bodies but Rangers’ new signing Karlson Ogie was introduced, and his pace and presence resulted in a brace to steal the points.

Rangers Under-Eights Blues had an entertaining tussle against Campion, two long-distance efforts in the opening minute making it 1-1.

That set the tone, with Rangers counter-attacking from a corner in the closing stages to seal a 5-3 win.

Their scorers were Adam Morris (3), Luke Jeffreys and Josh Whitford, Owen Chippendale giving a solid display in the Blues goal.

There was even more late drama in Rangers’ under-eight Reds' game against Leeds Maccabi Raiders.

Dudley Hill trailed 2-1 with a minute remaining but Kendall McLoughlin’s fine long-range effort levelled matters and Benjamin Gale won it for Rangers with the last attack.

Earlier Rangers’ Kayden Greenwood had gone through two tackles before driving home a low shot to make it 1-1.

Wyke Wanderers under-tens A seemed to enjoy the sun on their backs as they beat Elland 7-0 in the Huddersfield RCD Junior League.

Jacob Smith’s first-half brace put Wyke in command, while Kieran McGuire, Harris Cunningham and keeper Matthew Leaper stood firm at the other end.

Goals after the break came from Jack Leach (2), Smith (2) and Kamran Latif but the B team bettered that score with a 9-0 victory over Elland.

On the mark were Hayden Clifford (3), Tyrese Liu (2), Ranganai Muza, Loui Cook and Nathan Moore, the tally being completed with an own goal.

Bradford Warriors under-11s defeated Dewsbury Rangers B 7-2 in Division 4B, with Roberto McFarlane, Calum Heywood and Jordan Styslo netting in the first half.

Leading 3-0, Warriors needed a great save by Benjamin Phillip before Roberto bagged his second.

Dewsbury got lucky when a clearance cannoned off an attacker to make it 4-1 but a 25-yard strike by Roberto completed his hat-trick and snuffed out any comeback hopes.

Jordan then despatched a loose ball before Rangers got their second from a penalty.

Roberto then finished off the scoring but the outstanding Adam Worby was man of the match.