YARNBURY beat a robust Barnsley side 34-21 on Saturday, despite having to ring in the changes in the Yorkshire Two encounter at Brownberrie Lane.

Yarnbury welcomed back James Endersby to the centre to partner captain James White, with Josh Bell moving out wide to accommodate him.

In the pack, Ian Maycock and Pete Kernick continued their partnership with James Falgate unavailable.

The back row needed re-organisation due to injury and illness, removing Tom Goldthorpe and Calum Fawcett so George Bowen moved to No 8 and the wing forwards were Les Crowther and Tom Warriner.

Yarnbury started on the attack and lost the ball cheaply in the opposition 22, but continued the momentum attacking down the left and right winger Josh Bell was stopped just short down the blind side.

After six minutes, the pressure told as Barnsley were off-side in front of the posts and stand off Danny Pound converted a penalty for an early lead.

He then made a half break and big second row Maycock powered through the opposition, as Pound's conversion put Yarnbury 10-0 up after 14 minutes.

Yarnbury attacked again down the right and a good run by full back Josh Bateson was halted.

Barnsley moved the ball wide left and charged up the field, as the winger Ed Copley was stopped short but back row Dan Eaden backed up for the touch down. Full back Josh Smith converted to cut the lead to 10-7.

On 30 minutes, from a penalty and recycled ball through the forwards No 8 George Bowen got over, but Pound could not convert.

Yarnbury continued to attack looking for a further try, but Tom Gilcrist was held up over the line.

Further pressure led to a Yarnbury penalty close in and scrum half Nathan Benton was the first to react and crashed over under the sticks. Pound converted to give the home side a 22-7 lead at half-time.

Yarnbury increased their lead after the break with a fourth try and bonus point from substitute Will Marshall, who cut through the defence and the move was finished off by Endersby. Pound's conversion drifted wide in the breeze.

In the 64th minute, Barnsley's big prop Tom Bagnell got over and Smith converted to make the score 27-14.

Barnsley scored again after Yarnbury were penalised and scrum half Joe Perry scored and Smith again converted to make the score 27-21.

The home side held firm in defence and were impressive in the scrum with their young forwards and at the end scored a fifth and final try.

After a Yarnbury kick was misjudged by the defence, winger Joe Pinnick took advantage to touch down close in and Pound converted on the whistle, giving Yarnbury a 34-21 going in to the blank weekend.