ILKLEY Town progressed into the semi-finals of the Wharfedale Challenge Cup after they beat Otley Reserves 6-0 in a derby at Otley on Saturday.

From the start that Otley had a gameplan to be compact and competition in order restrict Town.

For the first 15 minutes it was effective, with Otley managing to test Tim Edney in the Town net early on.

However Otley almost came unstuck from Town's first two corners. Adam Davey headed just wide of the post from the first and then moments later volleyed over the bar.

On 17 minutes,Town broke Otley's early resistance as they moved the ball quickly from the right hand side to the left.

Tom Fleming controlled the ball and fed it into the run of Joe Hendrie, who found the bottom corner with a fine finish.

Town then began to dominate, despite Otley working tirelessly to frustrate and deny them space.

In the 27th minute, Fleming found space within the Otley penalty area and was subsequently brought down and a penalty awarded.

Toby Harris stepped up and made no mistake, sending the goalkeeper the wrong way and crisply striking into the bottom corner to make it 2-0.

Two became three as another Dan Chadwick corner was whipped into the front post. This time Davey timed his run to meet the ball on the volley and guide it into the net.

The central defensive partnership of Tom Bull and Davey with Edney in goal restricted Otley to only a couple of opportunities throughout the match.

Going forward, Town continued to threaten and in the50th minute Nicc Hewitt played a quick forward pass to Matt Whitehead, who lobbed the goalkeeper to score his 12th goal of the season.

Substitute Tom Smith, making has first team return after an 11-week absence due to injury, grabbed Town's fifth goal.

In the 70th minute, Whitehead's mazy dribble across the Otley penalty area ricocheted to Smith, whose left foot strike from the edge of the penalty area made it 5-0.

Within minutes it was six as the excellent Fleming made a run into the penalty area before cutting it back to Harris, who swept the ball into the roof of the net to score his 26th goal of the season.

Town now have a semi-final to look forward to in March, but this Saturday they travel to Wyke for a third round League Cup tie.