Beeston St Anthony's 0 Ilkley Town 1

TOWN produced a determined performance to end Beeston St Anthony's 100 per cent start to the West Yorkshire League Premier Division season – despite playing the last 25 minutes with only ten men.

Richard Bull saw red after collecting his second yellow card in the 65th minute, but his colleagues responded to the setback with great determination.

Beeston pressed high from the start and tried to play with a real tempo.

Town were competitive but found it tough to match Beeston's intensity as the home side started to dominate.

Beeston were unlucky not to take the lead during this period. Their first opportunity came from Town failing to clear and the ball found its way to the Beeston winger at the far post who connected sweetly.

His shot looked destined for the net but James Hirst produced a stunning save to turn the ball onto the post and Town were able to clear.

After this initial 25 minutes, Town seemed to grow in confidence and looked a threat from set pieces.

Toby Harris began to find success as his well-timed runs in the spaces being vacated by the the Beeston full backs were beginning to give Town territory and opportunities.

The pace and trickery of Beeston's wide men led to a dangerous free kick being conceded on the edge of the penalty area.

The wall was curled over the defensive wall and crashed against the woodwork.

The second half was incredibly competitive with both teams proving robust in the tackle.

The deadlock was finally broken in the 55th minutes when Town went ahead.

The excellent Tom Fleming found space on the left and volleyed a pass towards the run of Nicc Hewitt.

It looked overhit and comfortable for the Beeston keeper to collect until an extraordinary bounce lobbed the ball over him and into the net.

This led to a period of high intensity from the home team as they tried to find an immediate response.

Town stayed competitive even when reduced to ten men after Bull's dismissal.

Beeston changed formation and looked to take advantage. while Town, also adapted to the situation and adopted a 4-4-1 formation.

During the final 25 minutes all the players played their part, showing real character and leadership with their work rate and application.

Beeston, although pushing for an equaliser were open to the counter attack.

Fleming produced some fine work on the left before releasing Harris through on goal, he delayed his shot a little too long and his effort was subsequently well saved by the Beeston keeper.

Shortly after Harris found himself one on one with the Beeston centre half after a fine pass from Tom Archer.

Harris was positive and went with real pace and intent down the outside, getting to the byline before cutting the ball back to Fleming who was destined to double Town's advantage.

The Beeston keeper produced the game's second stunning save as somehow, he launched himself full length to turn the ball away.

Town had to stay focused throughout to deny Beeston, who pushed harder and committed more numbers in search of the equaliser.

This pressure led to a couple of chances where Beeston failed to find the target and Town hung on for an excellent away win.