THERE was some good news and some bad news for Bradford (Park Avenue) scholar Lewis Johnson, whose injury caused their pre-season friendly at Campion to be abandoned on Saturday.

The good news was that his ankle does not seem to be broken following the 81st-minute collision with Jason Davis.

However, Johnson, who has been released from hospital, has suffered significant ligament damage.

Avenue's sports rehabilitator Tally Clayton stated: "Lewis will have a number of days rest before starting his rehabilitation with me, in conjunction with specialists from Bradford Royal Infirmary."

Johnson was a half-time replacement for new signing Conor Branson, and Avenue were leading 2-1 when the game was truncated.

Jamie Spencer put the visitors ahead in the 32nd minute with a 25-yard shot that went in off a post, but Leon Hurles-Brook equalised a minute later by chipping the goalkeeper after being put through.

In the 49th minute, Hurles-Brook had Avenue's trialist keeper scrambling across his line to save, while five minutes after that Davis rattled the visitors' bar with a half-volley.

Avenue, who started with six trialists and had two more on the bench, finished the stronger, however, with a dipping free-kick by a trialist hitting the bar in the 64th minute, with Adam Nowakowski heading the rebound over, and a trialist getting the winner three minutes later following a pull back by Scholar Ross Boyle.

Former Guiseley player Branson, a 26-year-old centre back who can also play in central midfield, is Avenue's fourth signing of the summer.

He used to captain's Barnsley's under-18 team and signed a professional contract in 2010 with the Tykes, who released him in November, 2011, paving the way for a move to the United States.

He joined Charleston Golden Eagles and was the Mountain East Conference's defensive player of the year in 2014 and 2015 before signing for Pittsburgh Riverhounds.

Branson has since mixed playing with coaching and holds a UEFA B Licence.

Brighouse Town, who lost 1-0 at home to Hemel Town on Friday, drew 2-2 with Liversedge the following day, with all of the goals coming in the first half.

Joe Walton's brace in the third and eighth minute put Sedge 2-0 ahead before Iwan Heeley (10) and Rhys Jenkinson (38) levelled.

Farsley Celtic were at Tadcaster Albion and lost to the solitary goal from Ellis Barkworth in the 84th minute.

The Celts will be at Silsden tomorrow as late replacements for FC Halifax Town, who have withdrawn.

Thackley had no game over the weekend but had a worthwhile Saturday morning session with Southampton's under-23 manager Martin Hunter, the former Bradford City assistant manager and England under-21 manager.

Eccleshill United, meanwhile, have re-signed young goalkeeper James Beck.