MORE than a century of bonfires and fireworks can be seen in these photographs.

While most were taken on or around November 5 the two earliest images were taken in the summer months and show coronation bonfires ready to be lit.

The oldest dates back to August 1902 and is from the archives of Aireborough Historical Society. The original image, on a glass slide, was taken by E E Slater, and digitally transferred by John Hobson.

The large bonfire had been built in Yeadon to celebrate the Coronation of King Edward V11. A man can been seen in front of the construction, while a large barrel on wheels, is thought to have been beer for the celebration or water for emergencies.

Another very old image from Aireborough Historical Society shows a bonfire that was built to mark the coronation of King George V in June 1911.

On the left, at the bottom of the ladder we can see George Herbert Teale, Chairman of Yeadon Council. The man on the right of the ladder wearing a straw boater is Thompson Marshall. On the right is Noah Houlden, surveyor for Yeadon.

In Yeadon again, many decades later, a group of men were pictured building a bonfire at the Yeadon Cricket Club ground at the White Swan - using wooden pallets, garden waste and unwanted furniture.The picture was donated to AHS by Keith Spink.

The other photographs are from the archives of the Ilkley Gazette and Wharfedale Observer and are of more modern celebrations.

The oldest out of this batch dates back to 1998 and shows excited children enjoying the fun of Bonfire Night.

One of the most unusual bonfires in the area must have been Burley-in-Wharfedale's "Eiffel Tower".

The seven-metre high wooden replica was built by Burley Scouts and Guides in 2014. It was positioned in a garden on Main Street as part of the local welcome for the Grand Depart of the Tour de France.

It was later put up for sale on eBay to raise money towards a new headquarters for the village’s scouts and guides.

But despite enthusiasm on the auction website - with the winning bid hitting £350 - no buyer materialised.

The scouts and guides instead gave the wooden tower a new community purpose, by burning it as an added spectacle at the annual bonfire and fireworks display in November of the same year.

And the tale had a happy ending when local Freemasons stepped in to give a welcome boost to the appeal by donating £350 after reading about the hoax eBay bid.

Another image show Pat's Bonfire - which has become a firm and popular tradition in Ben Rhydding.The charity began when Pat Evans of Moorfield Road, decided she wanted to help children caught up in the Iraq war and organised the first Pat’s Party in 2004. It was a party in a neighbour’s field that raised £700 for Save the Children.

Pat was diagnosed with cancer that Autumn, and died the following March. Since then there have been annual summer musical festival parties and autumn bonfires.

Over the last 17 years Pat’s Party has raised more than £100,000 for Save the Children and has supported local scouts. It has also donated £5,000 to build a classroom at a nursery school in The Gambia and continues to fund its running costs.

Earlier this year three members of the organising committee raised more than £5,000 by cycling from Lands End to John O’ Groats in aid of Save the Children.