THE CHANGING face of Otley Chevin and some of the generations of people who have enjoyed its stark beauty can been seen in these photographs spanning decades.

Three undated pictures show people enjoying outings to the Chevin. A lone woman, top left, is in sharp contrast to the large group, top right - but both pictures look as though they date back at least a century. The group shot shows a Sunday school outing and was taken at Surprise View, with Jenny’s Cottage Tearoom in the background.

The bottom left picture appears to date from a later period and shows a group of schoolboys enjoying a picnic.

Jenny’s Cottage - seen again in 1939 - attracted visitors for more than 150 years and was well known for its refreshments and hospitality.

It was also known as Chevin Top House or Farm, Jenny Hill Farm or Beacon House. The building was demolished in the 1970s - and its remains can be seen in another shot taken in 1983. The building is thought to have got it’s name from Jane Myers - known as Jenny - who was a tenant in the 1820s along with her husband Joseph.

All the photographs are from the archives of Aireborough Historical Society.