The Bradford Co-operative Learning Trust Statutory NoticeNotice ID:
The Bradford Co-operative Learning Trust Statutory Notice
Notice is hereby given in accordance with section 19(3) of the Education and Inspections Act 2006 that the governing bodies of Atlas Community Primary School, Frizinghall Primary School, Green Lane Primary School, Lilycroft Primary School, Lister Primary school, Margaret McMillan Primary school, Miriam Lord Primary School, and Westbourne Primary School all intend to make a prescribed alteration to:
- Atlas Community Primary School which is a Community School located at Lincoln Close, Bradford, BD8 SDL;
- Frizinghall Primary School which is a Community School located at Salisbury Road, Bradford, BD9 4HP;
- Green Lane Primary School which is a Community School located at Green Lane, Bradford, BD8 8HT;
- Lilycroft Primary School which is a Community School located at Lilycroft Road, Bradford, BD9 5AD;
- Lister Primary school which is a Community School located at Scotchman Road, Bradford, BD9 5AT;
- Margaret Mc Millan Primary school which is a Community School located at Scotchman Road, Bradford, BD9 5DF;
- Miriam Lord Primary School which is a Community School located at Bavaria Place, Bradford, BD8 8RG; and
- Westbourne Primary School which is a Community School located at Skinner Lane, Bradford, BD 8 7PL.
The proposed alteration is to change each of the schools' category from Community to Foundation and together with one or more of the proposed partners to acquire a trust established otherwise than under the School Standards and Framework Act 1998.
The proposed name of the Trust will be The Bradford Co-operative Learning Trust and the proposed implementation date is 1 st September 2013. The trust does not already act as a foundation for any other school. The proposed members of the trust are:
- Bradford Local Authority Council (1 Trustee)
- Heaton St Barnabas Primary School (1 Trustee)
- The Co-operative Movement, initially represented by the Co-operative College (1 Trustee)
- Each of the schools shall appoint 2 trustees, namely the Head teacher and Chair of Governors (or nominee), at each of: Atlas Community Primary School, Frizinghall Primary School, Green Lane Primary School, Lilycroft Primary School, Lister Primary School, Margaret McMillan Primary School, Miriam Lord Primary school and Westbourne Primary School.
In addition learners at the school, parents, staff, members of the local community and local community organisations will be able to become members of the Trust. The Trust will have a Stakeholder Forum composed of members, which will be able to appoint 2 of the Trust's trustees. As the Trust develops the Trust will welcome other schools joining the Trust
The rationale for acquiring the Trust, the contribution it will make, and the direction it will provide to the schools can be summarised as:
The Trust will work to give all stakeholders in the community every opportunity to benefit from the shared knowledge, practices and skills of the Trust partners by developing a community based approach to learning. This will encompass all age ranges from primary through to adult learning and will strive to raise the aspirations of participants at all stages in their life. The vision for the proposed Trust is: -
To improve the life chances of the children of the Bradford Co-operative Learning Trust area, by
- Building a coherent and inspiring learning journey across the area
- Increasing ownership of the schools within the community
- Facilitating participation of the community within the schools
- Working in partnership with other schools
- Supporting the schools to continue to further raise standards
The values and ethical principles of the Co-operative Movement, especially the ideals of self -help and social responsibility, as well as active membership, will underpin the work of the schools - and the Trust.
This notice is an extract from the complete proposal. Copies of the full proposals can be obtained from the office of any of the schools or from the schools by writing to the Governing Body (address above) or on the school websites.
Within four weeks from the date of publication of this proposal any person may object to or make comments on the proposals by sending them to the appropriate school office or in writing to the Governing Body of the school (address above).
22nd April 2013 Signed:
1. Jane Dallas
Chair of the Governing Body
2. David Kennedy Chair of the Governing Body
3. AbidHussain Chair of the Governing Body
4. Joanna Men Chair of the Governing Body
5. Ian McDonald Chair of the Governing Body
6. Javed Ahmed Chair of the Governing Body
7. AdamGetliff Chair of the Governing Body
B. John Huddleston
Chair of the Governing Body
Atlas Community Primary School Frizinghall Primary School Green Lane Primary School Lilycroft Primary School Lister Primary School Margaret McMillan School Miriam Lord Primary School Westbourne Primary School