Albion Rovers U-9s 1 Menston Rangers U-9s 3

This was always going to be a tough fixture as Albion are a well-organised team with an exceptionally good midfield player.

It was important for Rangers, who were to play the first-half into the wind, not to concede too many goals. Rangers found themselves under early pressure as the wind was carrying the play towards their goal, however once they had adapted to the conditions the whole game started to take on a different shape.

Bowie in midfield was given the responsibility of keeping Albion's star player quiet and to feed the ball out to Western and Tripp who were operating down the flanks. This he did to great effect and the midfield trio conquered the conditions by playing short sharp passing and keeping the ball wherever possible on the ground.

It was Bowie's neat pass to Tripp that brought the opening goal as Bulcock arrived late at the back post to side-foot home.

Greenwood was fighting for every loose ball and Rangers came close to increasing their lead just before half-time as Bulcock had a shot cleared off the line.

In the second-half Rangers had the wind at their backs but were fully aware that they must not get carried away with the advantage and just to keep playing the short passes that had been so effective in the first-half.

Green and Cavanagh were effectively keeping the Albion attack at bay and Bowie in midfield was providing them with excellent cover. The second goal came from clever work by Tripp, who unleashed a terrific shot across the goal for Bulcock to deftly head in.

After the goal Rangers appeared to lose their way either by complacency or just due to the amount of energy they had expended in attaining the two goal lead. They found themselves pulled back to 2-1 but this was just a minor setback as Rangers went on the attack and twice went close to regaining the two goal cushion. Just before the final whistle Western cut inside two defenders and unleashed an unstoppable shot into the bottom corner.

This just reward for the tremendous effort he had put in throughout the match. It must have been hard for the manager to award the Man-of-the-Match but he decided on Western.

Albion contributed to a very enjoyable match and on another day will claim all three points from a similar performance but on the day Rangers produced an outstanding team performance and deserved their victory.

Burley Trojans U-10s Girls 5 Leeds United 8

Burley Trojans Under-10 Girls' winning streak finally came to an end with a hard-fought match against Leeds United girls.

Burley were in no way fazed by playing against this Academy team and started well with most of the play in the Leeds half. They had several shots but were unable to make any of them count.

Leeds were quick on the counter-attack and pushed Leah Millward and Jessica Parker into some last minute defending whilst Katie Dinsdale in goal had little time to rest.

Within ten minutes Burley were down by three goals. They re-grouped and again applied pressure but all efforts were kept at bay until Anna Ross pounced on a poor goal kick and drove the ball into the net.

This only spurred Leeds on who scored a fourth just before half-time.

In the second-half Burley came out the stronger and again poured on the pressure resulting in a penalty when a shot from Natasha Sunderland was blocked by a Leeds hand. Unfortunately Burley were unable capitalise on this.

Just after this Bethan Smith intercepted a pass in the Leeds half and drove for goal fending off several challenges to calmly tuck the ball into the net.

Leeds again got the bit between their teeth and caused Hannah Spivey trouble in defence whilst scoring their fifth and sixth goals.

The game was now end-to-end with Burley using the full width of the pitch. This created several opportunities for Hannah Robinson, two of which she converted and also set up Anna's second.

Unfortunately these goals did not go unanswered by Leeds who scored their seventh and eighth goals.

When the whistle blow for full time Leeds had won the game but will know that Burley had proved worthy opponents and fought until the end never giving them any respite.

Burley Trojan Girls U-14s 3 Hepworth United U-14s 1

Burley U-14 girls played their second game of the season and recorded their first league win to take the three points. Burley started well with good possession but Hepworth were strong in midfield. Four minutes in a great pass from Emmie Bryett to Beth Cooper saw Beth shoot high into the net. Hepworth increased their pace and won a free-kick.

Then a ferocious shot went over the keeper's head giving Florence Greatrix no chance to save it.Two minutes before the break a goal kick was sent down the field by Latifah Makuyi to Celine Cheshire. She passed to Hannah Lennard who passed to Laura Chaplin who was tackled in the goal area and went down in the box. The ball rebounded off the keeper and Zoe Baverstock ran on to delicately score.

Hepworth made defenders, Daisy Conway, Beth Eveleigh and Alex Ferris, work hard. Player-of-the-Match Caitlin Rockett continued to work tirelessly making many tackles and interceptions.

Justine Dudley made some spectacular runs and had a great shot. Caitlin Rockett sent a superb ball to Beth who dribbled downfield and with a powerful shot delivered the ball high into the goal for 3-1.

The game was played in good spirit and credit must go to both teams for their performances.