The inaugural Ilkley Film Festival, of which Dame Judi Dench is patron, has announced its full line-up of films and performances and opened its box office for ticket sales.
The film festival will have more than 20 events and screenings, which will transform Ilkley’s King’s Hall on Station Road and Ilkley Playhouse, Weston Road, into working cinemas over the Valentine’s Day weekend of February 14, 15 and 16.
Among the films on show will be The Selfish Giant, set in Bradford, which has recently been nominated for a Bafta award, alongside Hollywood blockbusters including Gravity, with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, and American Hustle.
Massively influential and popular band British Sea Power will play their score live to the film From the Sea to the Land Beyond.
Comedian Paul Merton will also present his film, Silent Clowns.
There will also be screenings of classic films such as Cinema Paridiso and Metropolis, which will have a live accompaniment, as well as a 25th anniversary showing of When Harry Met Sally.
For more details of the screenings and to buy tickets go to Ilkley Film Festival website at ilkleyfilmfestival.co.uk.
Tickets are also available to buy in person at the Ilkley Visitor Information Centre, in Station Road, Ilkley. Telephone (01943) 602319.
The Ilkley Film Festival programme is as follows:
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14
- Tokyo Sonata, 12A, 4.30pm, Ilkley Playhouse, £5
- Philomena, 12A, 4.30pm, King’s Hall, £5
- Paul Merton’s Silent Clowns, Paul Merton and Neil Brand, 120 mins (with 15 min interval), 7pm, King’s Hall, £15
- Cinema Paradiso – 25th Anniversary Special, PG, 7pm, Ilkley Playhouse, £5
- When Harry Met Sally – 25th Anniversary Special, 15, 9.30pm, Ilkley Playhouse, £5
- Only Lovers Left Alive, 9.30pm, King’s Hall, £5
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 15
- A Private Function, 15, 11am, King’s Hall, £5, with director Malcolm Mowbray and star Bill Paterson in conversation as part of the film’s 30th anniversary celebrations
- Harakiri, 15, 11am, Ilkley Playhouse, £5
- Plot for Peace, 2pm, The King’s Hall, £5
- We Are the Best!, 2pm, Ilkley Playhouse, £5
- Mark Herman Directing Masterclass with screening, 60 mins masterclass + screening 4.30pm, Ilkley Playhouse, £5 inc. screening
- From the Sea to the Land Beyond, U, 6pm, King’s Hall, £15, with live accompaniment by British Sea Power
- Lad: A Yorkshire Story, 12A, 8pm, Ilkley Playhouse, £5
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 16
- Ilkley Through the Ages Yorkshire Film Archive, 90mins, U, 11am, King’s Hall, £5
- The Ear - 25th Anniversary Special, 12A, noon, Ilkley Playhouse, £5
- Tim’s Vermeer with Q&A, 1pm, King’s Hall, £5.
- Believe, PG, 2.30pm, Ilkley Playhouse, £5
- The Armstrong Lie, 3.30pm, King’s Hall, £5
- The Rocket, 12A, 5pm, Ilkley Playhouse, £5
- The Sea, 6pm, The King’s Hall, £5
- The Selfish Giant, 15, 8pm, Ilkley Playhouse, Ilkley Film Society screening
- Metropolis with Live Accompaniment, PG, 8.15pm, The King’s Hall, £5, with piano accompaniment by acclaimed BFI pianist Stephen Horne