Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting IGNEWS to 80360, or email
Woman taken to hospital after blaze in Horsforth
3:34pm Friday 19th October 2012 in News
A woman was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a flat fire in Horsforth.
Firefighters from Cookridge, Rawdon and Stanningley were called out to the incident, just after 11.30pm on Monday, following a report the flat was occupied. West Yorkshire Fire service said there was a small fire in a basement flat due to an overheated pan.
Firefighters rescued a woman, who was suffering from smoke inhalation, and she was taken to hospital by ambulance. Positive pressure ventilation was used by firefighters in the incident at Newlay Grove.
Smoke detection was already installed and working at the flat.