Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting IGNEWS to 80360, or email
Westyorkshire Fire and Rescue Service in e-cigarette alert
3:00pm Saturday 11th January 2014 in News
The potential fire hazards of electronic cigarettes have been flagged-up by West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.
According to the fire service, there are two main causes of electronic cigarette fire – using incorrect chargers and over-tightening of connections to the rechargeable battery.
There have been a number of fires nationally caused by e-cigarettes – including in Batley, between Bradford and Dewsbury, where one exploded after being charged in a laptop, as per the instructions, and carpet was burned and scorch marks left on the settee and wall.