Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting IGNEWS to 80360, or email
Shipley (House of Commons)
Mr Philip Davies MP (Conservative)
Surgery: Shipley Conservatives
76 Otley Road
Surgery Tel: 01274 592248
MP Since - 2005 Majority - 9,944 Born - 05/01/1972 (Doncaster), Married (Debbie), 2 sons (Oliver and Charlie).
Education - Old Swinford Hospital School, Stourbridge. Huddersfield University (Historical and Political Studies 1993).
Previous Occupation - Worked at the Asda Stores Management training scheme (1995-97). Deputy customer services manager (1997). Customer relations manager (1997-98). Call centre manager (1998-99). Customer service project manager (2000-04). Marketing manager (2004-05).
Personal Overview - His campaigning experience has included organising 'A Day In the Life' of a teacher, nurse, farmer and policeman which gave him a valuable insight into their working life. His political priorities have included representing the interests of his constituents by tackling crime, improving the public services and reducing the burden of taxation as well as protecting the countryside from over development. He is likely to favour reform of the NHS to give doctors and nurses have a greater say in it's running. A likely Eurosceptic, having previously supported the Keep the Pound campaign. Since entering Parliament, he has to date remained on the back benches, while gaining a Select Committee membership.
Political History - Conservative Party Member (1988-), Local government candidate for Dale Ward, East Riding of Yorkshire Council (1999). Contested Colne Valley at the 2001 general election. MP for Shipley (2005-). Member of the 1922 Committee (2006-). Member of the Culture, Media & Sport Select Committee (2006-). Member of the Modernisation Select Committee (2007-10). Member of the Backbench Business Committee (2010-12).
Characteristics - Enjoys horse racing, rugby league, football and cricket (member Baildon Cricket Club). Has also been a Parish Councillor and School Governor.
Business Tel: 0207 219 8264
Interests: European Issues,Taxation,Law & Order,Education & Training,Health,Public Service Reform,Retail Industry
- Culture, Media & Sport Committee (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Alcohol Misuse (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Athletics Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Betting and Gaming Group (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Bingo (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for State Boarding Schools (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Brass Bands (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Child and Youth Crime Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary City Regions Transport Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Commercial Radio Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Computer and Video Games Industry (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Cricket Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Disability Sports (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Domestic and Sexual Violence (Member)
- Flags and Heraldry Group (Member)
- Food and Drink Manufacturing Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Home Education (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary ITV Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Libel Reform Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Improving Patient Access to Medical Technology (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Motor Neurone Disease (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Osteoporosis Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Private Equity and Venture Capital (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Prostitution and the Global Sex Trade (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Racing and Bloodstock Industries Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Retail and Business Crime (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Retail Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Rowing Group (Member)
- St George's Day Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Armed Forces Veterans' Pensions (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Victims and Witnesses of Crime (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Water and Sanitation in the Third World (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire (Member)
- British-Brazil Group (Member)
- British-Ukraine Group (Member)
Yorkshire and the Humber (European Parliament)
Ms Rebecca Taylor MEP (Liberal Democrat)
MEP Since - 2012 Born - 10/08/1975.
Education - Robinwood and Todmorden High schools. University of Sheffield. University of Leeds (BA in Japanese and Management Studies). University of Kent (MA in International Relations). Kings College London (MA in Public Health).
Previous Occupation - Public affairs assistant, Plasma Protein Therapeutics Association Europe (1998-2000). Web Editor/Journalist, IMS Health, Brussels, Belgium (2000-2001). Information and communications officer, Pharmaceutical Group of the European Union, Brussels, Belgium (2002-2005). External Communications Manager at the International Federation of Animal Health (IFAH and IFAH-Europe), Brussels, Belgium (2005-2006). Consultant, Food, Health and Retail team at Fleishman-Hillard, Brussels, Belgium (2006-2009). Stakeholder Relations Manager, NHS Commissioning Support for London, London, UK (2009-2010). Senior Researcher at the International Longevity Centre - UK, London, UK (2010-2011). Account Director in the Healthcare team at Hanover Communications, London, UK (2011-2012).
Personal Overview - Replaced former MEP Diana Wallis in this seat in 2012 after she decided to stand down. Her family background stems from Todmorden in West Yorkshire where both her parents were former Mayors. She has a career background working in public affairs/communications both in the UK and in Brussels, as well as working in the health sector helping patients to improve NHS services. Politically, she is a third generation Liberal Party member and has shown a particular interest in public health issues. Her main areas of interest being malnutrition, childhood obesity, older peoples health, vaccination, and health inequalities. She has also been involved in health policy research as well as helping health sector organisations with their communications.
Political History - Local Party Executive member (2002-2005) and local Party Chair (2006-2008) of the Brussels and Europe Liberal Democrats. Liberal Democrat member (2002-). European parliamentary candidate for the Yorkshire and Humber region (2009). General Election candidate for Rotherham (2010). MEP Yorkshire & The Humber Region (2012-). Substitute member of the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (2012-). Member of the Committee on Legal Affairs (2012-).
Other Information - N/a.
Intergroups - N/a.
Business Tel: +32 (0)2 28 45201
Interests: Environment,Economic Regeneration,Public Health,Health & Safety,Employment,Youth Issues
- Legal Affairs (Member)
- Environment, Public Health & Food Safety (Substitute)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org